The Gatehouse at the Bond, Digbeth, Birmingham | Wednesday 1st March 2023
This time around the event was held at The Gatehouse at the Bond in Digbeth, Birmingham, on Wednesday 1 March.
The agenda included...
- The Future of Fine Dining: The Wilderness chef Alex Claridge reveals his thoughts and insight into what the coming years hold for chefs and the industry as a whole.
- Diversification for a Changing World: Carters of Moseley chef-patron Brad Carter, Jojolounge marketing manager Holly Alexander-Priest, and Harborne Kitchen chef Jamie Desogus discuss how they have each had to diversify their business in order to adapt to market trends and demands.
- Fat Hippo: Building a National Burger Brand: Nick Fountain, head of marketing at Fat Hippo, talks about the success of the independent burger brand, how it is harnessing social media to reach a UK-wide audience, and its forthcoming expansion plans.
- Panel: Building a Business: Local operators Clare Collins from Edgbaston pizzeria Smoke + Ash, Laros founder Nikolaos Fylladitakis, and Tropea chef Ben Robinson-Young discuss the challenges of expansion and the current restaurant climate, with Olivia Fitzgerald, chief sales and marketing officer at Zonal, joining to discuss the tech solutions integral to running a successful restaurant.
- North Brewing Co: Examining the Craft Beer Phenomenon: North Brewing Co is considered to be a pioneer of the British craft beer scene. The group’s director John Gyngell discusses what it takes to build a successful brewery and bar business amid an ever-growing beer phenomenon; and how North Brewing Co is staying relevant in an increasingly crowded sector.